The FACE Sleigh takes Santa out to meet local communities and the 2023 tour has just come to an end.
It brings so much pleasure to all ages, while raising funds for FACE and awareness of the projects which are making a difference for patients being treated for cancer at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh. We also do our best to support other good causes on our travels.
This year the Sleigh joined a number of festive events;
- The Saughtonhall Community Association, as they switched on their Christmas Tree
- The Thistle Foundation Christmas Fair, where Santa spent time walking round the Fair to meet people and get his photograph taken with them
- A tour of Musselburgh, starting and finishing at the Ravelston House Hotel, in support of the Musselburgh Sea Cadets and Royal Marine Cadets
- Meeting our friends in North Berwick to support the Bass Rock Community Group and Beach Wheelchairs. Funds raised were to be handed to the North Berwick Harbour Trust, who have a major fundraising initiative underway to repair the damage to the harbour caused by Storm Bebet.
- A visit to Prestonpans to support the Gala Day Committee. The committee carries out a tremendous amount of work throughout the year for the town and FACE is delighted to be part of their activities at Christmas.
A big thank you to everyone who came out to see the Sleigh and meet Santa, to McNicoll Vehicle Hire for supporting us and to the FACE team who made it happen.
Check out our Facebook page for more details and great pictures from this year’s tour.
*** Breaking News ***
With the Sleigh parked up for another year, Santa accompanied by the Chief Elf, will visit the Western General Hospital on Christmas Day, visiting Ward 11 and other wards.